Networker

Re: [Networker] Networker 7.4 Release date!

2006-12-21 07:09:11
Subject: Re: [Networker] Networker 7.4 Release date!
From: Wilhelm Rolf <wilhelm.rolf AT INFO-AG DOT DE>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2006 07:01:54 -0500
If you only want the additional reporting possibilities from 7.3 you could
also have it with lower releases. Our server is still running under HPUX and
 7.1.3 with the old console. We have installed on one solaris client 7.3.1
with the new console and reporting possibilities. So we have the new console
and the reporting possibilities without the risk of upgrading. The only
thing not working on this 7.3 client together with the server is the save of
the console database.

Wilhelm Rolf
INFO AG
Data Backup and Recovery
Grasweg 62-66
D-22303 Hamburg/Germany

------------------------------------
>>From the Great White North wilderness, my server is still at 7.2.2 and no
>plans of upgrading (why fix if ain't broken).

>Using Unix/Linux O/S, I can almost create all the required/requested
>reports from the daemon and networker log files using command line queries
>and dumping them to text files.

>Librado Pamintuan
>Technical Support Analyst II
>Information Systems Div.
>Operations Group
>City of Regina

Phone:          (306) 777-7573
General Fax: (306) 777-6804
eFax:             (306) 546-6002
eMail:            lpamintuan AT regina DOT ca