Networker

Re: [Networker] check running savegroups from command line

2006-12-19 04:44:57
Subject: Re: [Networker] check running savegroups from command line
From: Denis <denis.mail.list AT FREE DOT FR>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2006 10:34:42 +0100
Selon Bob Flynn <Bob.Flynn AT S3GROUP DOT COM>:

Hello,

I give you some tips (in *nix, because you haven't specified your OS)...

> How do I get a list of currently running savegroups ? I want to to the
> following every 24 hours.
>

> 1.    Verify that there are no running savegroups ( as the backup
> windows is complete, any still running probably indicates probably a
> shortage of media and definitely something worth checking out ).
>

> I cannot find out how to confirm this from the command line.

For groups :

/usr/bin/nsradmin <<fin 2>&1 | sed -e '1,2d' | sed -e 's/nsradmin> //g'
show last start;name;status;work list
print type:NSR group;status:running
quit
fin

For sessions still running (all sessions, not those only started by savegrp):

/usr/bin/nsradmin <<fin 2>&1 | sed -e '1,2d'| sed -e 's/nsradmin> //g' | sed -e
's/\\//g'
show session
print type:NSR
quit
fin

> 2.    Verify for each completed savegroup
>

> The clients and savegroups that succeeded.
grep /nsr/logs/daemon.log | grep "savegroup alert" | grep "0 Failed"

> The clients and savegroups that failed
grep /nsr/logs/daemon.log | grep "savegroup alert" | grep -v "0 Failed"

Of course, you can grep only date/time that interess you :

grep "your_date your_time" /nsr/logs/daemon.log | grep "savegroup alert" | grep
-v "0 Failed"

Hope this helps !