Networker

Re: [Networker] What's EMC/NetWorker's answer to Symantec's NetBackupencryption on the backup server

2006-12-14 23:57:06
Subject: Re: [Networker] What's EMC/NetWorker's answer to Symantec's NetBackupencryption on the backup server
From: Siobhán Ellis <siobhanellis AT HOTMAIL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2006 15:51:58 +1100
I don't see this replacing hardware encryption.

When I was at Legato, we actually looked at RSA for security within
NetWorker. I can't remember why it didn't go ahead.

Anyway, I see RSA being very much used within EMC's products. However, EMC's
problem, now, is that they have bought so many products/companies, the task
of integrating them all is huge!

Siobhan