Networker

Re: [Networker] desktop backup software

2006-12-11 04:57:59
Subject: Re: [Networker] desktop backup software
From: Riaan Louwrens <riaanl AT CHANNELDATA.CO DOT ZA>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2006 11:51:49 +0200
For those of us that used to work with it: Legato used to have a product
- called Legato Laptop, which was OEM from Connected (Dataprotector).

They have been taken over by Ironmountain a while ago - product is still
around - Ironmountain Dataprotector.

I still work with (and support it). Brilliant product with all the
features: Such as: Single instance storing (and sending), optimised for
WAN type users, encrypted/ compressed data, client driven but server
optimised, bit/ byte/ block send only, support for Outlook and Notes
files, server side reporting (user not backed up, account sizes, etc)..

The list goes on, but one of the main reasons I love it (and love
supporting it) it is a pretty rock solid product and we have VERY little
issues with it (just love it when my job is made easier) ..

If you're interested (I am not going to sell it to you):
http://www.ironmountain.com/dataprotection/pc/connected.asp

Regards,
Riaan

_________________________
Channel Data Service Desk

Tel: +27 (0) 860 235 235
Fax: +27 (0) 11 235 7777
Servicedesk Email: servicedesk AT channeldata.co DOT za
Website: http://www.channeldata.co.za

The message is intended only for the use of the people to whom it is
addressed.
It may contain information that is privileged and confidential.
Accordingly any unauthorised use is strictly prohibited.
If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender as soon
as possible.