Networker

Re: [Networker] NetWorker on Intel-based Mac

2006-12-09 16:08:55
Subject: Re: [Networker] NetWorker on Intel-based Mac
From: Stan Horwitz <stan AT TEMPLE DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Sat, 9 Dec 2006 16:06:54 -0500

On 2006-12-08 15:52, Stan Horwitz revealed:

SH> I then shut down Vista and I installed the latest NetWorker for Mac client. SH> I am running a fully patched and updated system on my MacBook Pro. I SH> installed the client on my MBP, then I changed the start up script to point SH> to my backup server. Trouble is, I could not get any nsrexecd daemons to run
SH> at all. They generate a crash long which I cannot interpret.

So you're saying that networker doesn't run at all on OSX on Intel? I can
understand if they haven't released a native intel binary, but if it
doesn't work at all on intel macs, I would consider that as a problem. Or
is it related to the OSX release?

We currently only back up powerPC based OSX servers though.

I downloaded the client from EMC's web site that's advertised as being Mac OS X compatible for 32-bit systems. I used version 7.3 and the nsrexecd processes core dump as soon as they start running on a first generation MacBook Pro with Mac OS X 10.4.8 and the latest firmware. On the other hand, I use version 7.2.1 on my PowerMac G5 workstation and it works fine.