Networker

Re: [Networker] permaturely gets full

2006-12-06 14:43:44
Subject: Re: [Networker] permaturely gets full
From: Matthew Robert <Matthew.Robert AT AU.EY DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 6 Dec 2006 09:39:27 +1100
This email is to be read subject to the disclaimer below.

"Tapes can be prematurely marked full if you use LTO2 labels on LTO3
tapes causing errors."

Thats a new one to me!

Albert Eddie Contractor AFRPA CIO/IT <Eddie.Albert AT AFRPA.PENTAGON.AF DOT

Sent by: EMC NetWorker discussion <NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU>
05/12/2006 10:42 PM
Please respond to
EMC NetWorker discussion <NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU>; Please respond
Albert Eddie Contractor AFRPA CIO/IT <Eddie.Albert AT AFRPA.PENTAGON.AF DOT MIL>
All email is logged and may be reviewed - Refer policy FP206

NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
cc

Subject
Re: [Networker] permaturely gets full

Mokong Ako,

Big Bird at Yahoo? LOL I love HUMOR!

Can you perform a backup and get the full LTO3 dataset or is this a
setup that ONLY has the error while cloning?

Tapes can be prematurely marked as full if they receive errors.

Tapes can be prematurely marked full if you use LTO2 labels on LTO3
tapes causing errors.

Tapes can be prematurely marked full if your tape drive DRIVERS are
setup properly.

Too many other reasons to go into without more data from you...

Semper Fidelis et Paratus, /ALE

type

--------------------
NOTICE - This communication contains information which is confidential and the
copyright of Ernst & Young or a third party.

If you are not the intended recipient of this communication please delete and
destroy all copies and telephone Ernst & Young on 1800 655 717 immediately. If
you are the intended recipient of this communication you should not copy,
disclose  or distribute this communication without the authority of Ernst &
Young.

Any views expressed in this Communication are those of the individual sender,
except where the sender specifically states them to be the views of Ernst &
Young.

Except as required at law, Ernst & Young does not represent, warrant and/or
guarantee that the integrity of this communication has been maintained nor that
the communication is free of errors, virus, interception or interference.

Liability limited by a scheme approved under Professional Standards Legislation.