Networker

Re: [Networker] permaturely gets full

2006-12-06 09:49:19
Subject: Re: [Networker] permaturely gets full
From: Randy Manchester <rnm AT WHOI DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 6 Dec 2006 09:40:40 -0500
I just went through pretty much the same problem.

I have a StorageTek L700e with LTO1 and LTO3 SCSI drives and Sun v880 and had tapes getting marked full with anywhere from a few hundred kbytes to a few gigabytes on them. Had the StorageTek FE try replacing the LTO drive and the cabling, which didn't help. In trouble shooting it, I tried shutting down networker and doing a tar directly to the tape device and it was showing a problem too, basically reporting that it had reached the end of media prematurely. The tape drive that was having the problem was daisy chained with the library and I found that eliminating the daisy chain by putting the library on it's own SCSI channel eliminated the problem. I discovered this by disconnecting the SCSI cable from the LTO drive and putting a terminator on it, then doing a tar to the tape device, and the problem went away.

Cheers,
Randy

Mokong Ako wrote:
Hi fellow networkers,

We are having a problem with our setup, we are using Networker 7.2.1 build 311 and L20 device. All seems ok with the routine backup, but when we started doing cloning, most of the clone pools prematurely gets full. We are using LT03 tapes and some fills only upto 25 GB. Is there a setting somewhere that i might have missed ?

Thanks for your help.