Networker

Re: [Networker] Adding a dedicated storage node in v7.3.2

2006-12-04 09:32:18
Subject: Re: [Networker] Adding a dedicated storage node in v7.3.2
From: mark wragge <mark_t_wragge AT YAHOO DOT IE>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 4 Dec 2006 14:26:02 +0000
I ran an inventory from the GUI because I had put in some new unlabelled tapes.
I expected that it would mount each of the unlabelled tapes and read the label
but it also mounted each of the labelled/used tapes.

  As i am using a barcode library it should not have done this. Should I have
used the nsrjb -II from command line to perfrom a quick invnetory? Is this a
new bug/feature?

Darren Dunham <ddunham AT TAOS DOT COM> wrote:
  > One of the few niceties in version 7.3.2 is the -II flag for nsrjb -
> this does a 'fast inventory' by just comparing the barcodes to what it
> has in the media index and only loading the (hopefully small number
> of) blank/unrecognized tapes to check if they have a tape label

I'm sorry. How does this differ from -I? Isn't that what normally
happens anyway?

--
Darren Dunham ddunham AT taos DOT com