Networker

Re: [Networker] Browse and Retention planning/question

2006-11-30 13:02:16
Subject: Re: [Networker] Browse and Retention planning/question
From: Darren Dunham <ddunham AT TAOS DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2006 09:52:12 -0800
> >Good, but please don't refer to the feature as "Auto Media Management".
> >AMM is something else.  Automatic recycling is always done by Networker.
> >

> Ah - in this case I believe Shawn was referring to a standalone tape
> drive, and if so AMM _does_ apply. AMM on standalone drives is a kludgy
> scheme where NetWorker periodically checks the tape drive and relabels
> the tape if present and recyclable. Not really the same as AMM on a
> library, but the name is the same.

Oh, okay.  From the "pool of 20 tapes", I was assuming a library with
slightly more capacity than that so you simply never had to
import/export any of the rotating pool.  Yes, if it's standalone, that
would be different.

My questions about the frequency and use of full backups still apply
though.  :-)