Networker

Re: [Networker] device is not available - storage node error message

2006-11-23 08:18:32
Subject: Re: [Networker] device is not available - storage node error message
From: Stan Horwitz <stan AT TEMPLE DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 23 Nov 2006 08:16:01 -0500
On Nov 23, 2006, at 5:07 AM, mark wragge wrote:

The devices on the storage node were configured from the legato server. I'm not sure what you mean by this being normal behaviour. The problem is that i cannot use the tape devices from the storage node. I have attempted to test this by mounting a tape on the tape devices that belong to the storage node. I have also attempted to start a backup and the storage nodes tape devices are not available this way.

In that case, something is definitely wrong. How did you attempt to use those devices? What were the commands you tried and the errors you received?