Networker

[Networker] MS Cluster probems - saveset=ALL

2006-11-22 08:04:36
Subject: [Networker] MS Cluster probems - saveset=ALL
From: Gaddy <xy.0815 AT GMX DOT NET>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2006 07:43:34 -0500
Hi,

searching the archives I've found:
> "ALL" grabs all of the physical and virtual drives
> with physical and virtual client definitions.
> I have had to explicitly define the drives to get around this issue.
> Any suggestions? Has anyone seen this before?

This is exactly the problem we are facing now.
Suddenly NetWorker began to backup all cluster resources on the physical
as well as on the virtual clients.
(Triple backup of 400++ GB was totaly unexpected :-)
This has not happend before, cluster backup went well with "ALL" for all
clients, 10 cluster, >15 month.

We have NOTHING changed (fingers crossed :-) in NetWorker resources nor in
the cluster configs.
Only the network guys walked over the floor whistling - they are "fixing"
some DNS issues.
But "nslookup" (std+reverse) gives no clue, every thing looks O.K.

Hints about fixing this problem are pretty much appreciated.
e.g. other tools aside from "nslookup", ...

Thanks -sg-
--
Steffen Gattert; COMPAREX Hannover; Germany