Networker

Re: [Networker] Upgrade of 6.0.2 to 6.1.4 on TruCluster 1.6 won't start

2006-11-21 11:05:31
Subject: Re: [Networker] Upgrade of 6.0.2 to 6.1.4 on TruCluster 1.6 won't start
From: "Anderson, Howard" <howard.anderson AT EDL.UK.EDS DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2006 10:52:50 -0500
Thierry,

Many thanks for your reply.
I have only just had chance to try your suggestions.

There is nothing more useful in the daemon.log. (Either the system or
Networker one.)

I have stopped the cluster service, and manually mounted the advfs parttion.
(/clutape1)

I tried using nsrd -k clutape 1 manually, but it complained that the
service was localy mounted.
I re-created the symbolic links as you suggested just in case, although
they looked fine, but I still get this message:

11/21/06 15:36:54 nsrd: Can't start nsrd because /nsr/res (/nsr) is local,
and NetWorker is configured
as a cluster server. Use cluster manager to check NetWorker service status.

The links are as follows:

ls -al /nsr
lrwxrwxrwx   1 root     system        20 Nov 21 14:51 /nsr -
> /nsr.NetWorker.local

ls -al /nsr.NetWorker.local
lrwxrwxrwx   1 root     system         8 Nov 21 13:08 /nsr.NetWorker.local -
> /var/nsr

I have also tried using the networker.start script in /usr/bin and
modifiying it to include the debug flag you suggested, but it gives no more
clues:

# networker.start clutape1
Restarting syslog daemon...
Starting NetWorker service clutape1 on bbravo.xxx.xxx.xxx.xx
11/21/06 14:38:12 nsrd: Cannot contact nsrexecd service on
bbravo.xxx.xxx.xxx.xx, Service not available.
11/21/06 14:38:12 nsrd: nsrexecd is unavailable, cannot start.
NetWorker failed to start. Please see console log.
Restarting syslog daemon...

#  ps -ef | grep nsr
root      14684  14724  0.0 14:38:22 ??
0:00.03 /usr/opt/networker/bin/nsrexecd
root      14724      1  0.0 14:38:22 ??
0:00.02 /usr/opt/networker/bin/nsrexecd
root      14784  32198  0.0 14:39:36 ttyp8        0:00.00 grep nsr

As you can see the nsrexecd daemon is running.

You mentioned running the ASE startup script in verbose mode. How do I do
this ?

(In the above attempts, the other cluster member (balpha) was shutdown, as
it currently has a hardware problem, but I assume this would not prevent a
start up of Networker on the remaining cluster member.)

Do you have any other suggestions I could try ?

Best Regards,

Howard Anderson.