Networker

Re: [Networker] device is not available - storage node error message

2006-11-17 06:41:36
Subject: Re: [Networker] device is not available - storage node error message
From: Stuart Whitby <swhitby AT DATAPROTECTORS.CO DOT UK>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2006 11:24:55 -0000
Sounds like this is in use by something else.  Try running an sjirdtag against
the jukebox from the system which controls the robot arm.  My guess is that
there's already a tape in there.  Either that or there's another process which
is reserviing the drive other than the nsrmmd process.  You should be able to
check this (I think) using "fuser /dev/rmt/c16t5d0BESTnb" from the HP box in
question.  This will give you the PID of the process using the drive.  However,
that's just one of the links for this drive.  Might be better off running

for i in $( ls /dev/rmt/c16t5d0* )
do
  echo $i
  fuser $i
done

That will tell you if there are any processes locking the drive on that system.
 The alternative is that another system has the drive reserved (if it's a SAN
drive).

HTH,

Stuart.