Networker

Re: [Networker] device is not available - storage node error message

2006-11-16 12:31:47
Subject: Re: [Networker] device is not available - storage node error message
From: Shyam Hegde <hegde.shyam AT GMAIL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2006 22:50:36 +0530
Hi,

Using NetWorker Administrator GUI, select appropriate device and edit it,
the "Enable" attribute should be set to "Yes".

-Shyam

On 11/16/06, mark wragge <mark_t_wragge AT yahoo DOT ie> wrote:

I have configured a new storage node using the device wizard on networker
7.3.2. The HP-ux storage node shows tape devices from ioscan with correct
device paths and file names. Inquire command reports correct tape device
listing.
Tape devices have been added using 7.3.2 storage node scan and then added
to the existing library using the wizard. Wizard appears to locate all tape
devices correctly and all shared tape devices have matching serial numbers.
Correct number of nsrmmd processes are running on storage node.

When I attempt to mount a tape to the HP-ux storage node device I receive
the following error almost immediately - error message: "Device
rd=server1:/dev/rmt/c16t5d0BESTnb' is not available.";

Any ideas to the cause of this? thanks

Inbox full of spam? Get leading spam protection and 1GB storage with All
New Yahoo! Mail.

type
"signoff networker" in the
body of the email. Please write to [email protected] you
have any problems

"signoff networker" in the