Networker

Re: [Networker] any known cloning issues with 7.3.2

2006-11-16 12:31:25
Subject: Re: [Networker] any known cloning issues with 7.3.2
From: "Clark, Patricia" <Clarkp AT OSTI DOT GOV>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2006 12:20:51 -0500
-----Original Message-----
From: EMC NetWorker discussion [mailto:NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU] On
Behalf Of mark wragge
Sent: Thursday, November 16, 2006 11:43 AM
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Subject: [Networker] any known cloning issues with 7.3.2

Are there any known issues with networker 7.3.2. The backup completes
and then cloning begins. The cloning appears to complete (according to
the daemon.log) but the savegrp does not complete. The group details say
that cloning is in progress and the group sits there doing nothing until
manually stopped.

  Regards.

http://uk.messenger.yahoo.com

I cannot specifically address cloning, however, similar symptoms occur
with scheduled backups.  During my initial testing, all of the savesets
would complete, but the the details report would show one saveset in
progress.  I tried stopping and restarting, etc.  Finally, I just let it
go and a couple of hours later, it would complete "normally" and close
everything up.  So, it seems that one of the "quirks" is that my
incrementals can take a few minutes, but the whole backup group will
take 2 hours.  Fortunately, right now it's not a big issue.

Patti Clark
Unix System Administrator - RHCT
Office of Scientific and Technical Information