Networker

[Networker] Directives - skip data but keep directory structure in index

2006-11-16 05:23:07
Subject: [Networker] Directives - skip data but keep directory structure in index
From: Neil Atkins <neil.atkins AT GLASSHOUSE DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2006 10:03:34 -0000
Hi,

I have a problem with a particular SQL server backup.

I would like to skip the contents of the drives which contain the SQL database
and logs, but would like to keep the directory structure in the NetWorker index
if possible. This would mean that in a recovery situation, I would be able to
get back an empty directory structure for the DBA to recover his export file
back into.

I thought that "null" would do this for me so put in place a directive like
this....

 +null: *.*
 +null: *.*

but it seems no better than when I was using +skip.

I would imagine that I could achieve this by having a directive that listed
each directory with a skip for each one, but am hoping that I'm missing
something and that there is a much simpler solution!

Many Thanks,
Neil