Networker

Re: [Networker] persistent bindings on tachyon fibre card

2006-11-07 06:05:44
Subject: Re: [Networker] persistent bindings on tachyon fibre card
From: Davina Treiber <DavinaTreiber AT PEEVRO.CO DOT UK>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 7 Nov 2006 10:59:16 +0000
mark wragge wrote:

Hi, how can persistent bindings be set on a tachyon XL2 fibre card on a HP-UX
11i server? Is it necessary to set persistent bindings for tape devices when
using this card on a HP-UX operating system.
I don't know about this particular card, but my understanding is that in most cases persistent binding is not necessary on HP-UX since the device name is mapped to the hardware path as shown by ioscan.

In the environment I am currently working in, there are a number of HP-UX servers using HP branded HBAs with LTO Ultrium drives and the IBM atdd driver. There is no means to set up persistent binding here, but I have still seen a problem where sometimes a device file may get recreated at a higher number leaving a gap in the list for no apparent reason. The reason for this is a mystery to me.

"signoff networker" in the