Networker

Re: [Networker] Tech Support: Is the honeymoon over?

2006-11-04 11:54:36
Subject: Re: [Networker] Tech Support: Is the honeymoon over?
From: "Clark, Patricia" <Clarkp AT OSTI DOT GOV>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Sat, 4 Nov 2006 11:50:40 -0500
-----Original Message-----
From: EMC NetWorker discussion [mailto:NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU] On
Behalf Of Albert Eddie Contractor AFRPA CIO/IT
Sent: Friday, November 03, 2006 11:00 AM
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Subject: [Networker] Tech Support: Is the honeymoon over?

<Looking down at what's on my table this morning> Why are my wheaties so
yellow?

Everyone I have relied on @ Tech Support has left. I am having serious
issues with exchange 2003 (at a 7.2.1 site) and have had the worst time
getting someone qualified to help me figure out what is going on. (will
send in separate email with proper subject)

Senior Tech Support Manager whomever you are:
If you are going to support the US Military with "REQ" US Citizens, you
can not hire all of them on the West Coast. I have an issue I have
needed help with since 0730 EST, someone should be available for me on
our 365x24x7 support contract. You took our money saying you would have
someone available please adhere to the contract. I work for the military
and am (I am told) required to work with US Citizens, "some" of the
Canadians are upset with "me." Hello, I don't make the rules, heck I had
not even heard that rule until Wallace told ME about it.

All of the tech support folks I have worked with in the past have been
Canadians. They were incredibly qualified and courteous. What the heck
is going on here?

EMC please sell Legato back out to someone else. Since EMC has put their
fat fingers in it, it has been mayhem and craziness!

I waited for ONE HOUR + 15 minutes before 1-877-Legato7 even picked up
the phone this morning!!! Then when I get someone to call me (he
actually called back pretty fast after I got a hold of a voice) I got a
hold of a Mr. Wallace Lee. Who and I'll be as nice as I can here, was
very Curt and very Edgy. If he could not control my desktop via webex he
did not want to be on the call.

"Hello I work in the Pentagon you can NOT control my desktop."

That is ANOTHER thing... WebEx is probably the single best Support Tool
I have ever used. Why do your people have like 7 accounts on completely
different Webex platforms? Sometimes the password is the old password,
sometimes the new one... Then this morning Wallace Lee's interface was
completely different requesting that I download another Active X
component "THE PENTAGON DOES NOT LIKE Active X" if I get approval for
one stick with the one. PLEASE.

Mr. Lee's comment to me "Oh you work in the Pentagon so you need a US
Citizen to help you, you should say that when you call in." I wanted to
say; you know I have filled out those site surveys like 10 times
explaining where I am and what we do. You (EMC tech support) keep
telling me your dog ate your homework. When I call in they KNOW who I
am, why don't they know the requirements when they look at the account?

I have one morsel of good news I am able to log-in to PowerLink.
Unfortunately followed by bad news once you log-in the helpdesk
interface is down and you can't do anything. LOL...

networker-request AT listserv.temple DOT edu if you have any problems wit this

Eddie,

Say it isn't so!

One of the reasons that we just moved our support to EMC was the
wonderful support stories that you've shared with this list.  (Actually,
the real reason was to get web access to the doco and software which
disappeared shortly after Legato was acquired.)

I can say that at least you've been able to talk to a live person.  My
new account didn't make it to PowerLink at all.  I sent email regarding
that subject last Saturday and other than an email request for more
identifying information about me, I've not received anything other than
automated responses.  I have yet to receive any licensing information
for newly purchased software modules.  For that issue, I called the
eBusiness Hotline at 408-326-4200 where I was put in a voicemail system
and directed to leave a message.  That was on Weds.  I've not been
contacted, yet.

No, I have not tried the 800 number, yet.  That will be the next attempt
should the last thing, going through the VAR that we purchased
everything through, not bring everything to a conclusion.  I'm up to my
elbows in migrating to v7.3.2 in spite of all of the recommendations
against doing so.  On that front, so far so good.

We too are a gov't site.  We too cannot allow webex, although we are
allowed to talk to the Canadians.  In fact we would welcome it. <sigh>

Patti Clark
UNIX System Administrator - RHCT
Office of Scientific and Technical Services - DOE