Networker

Re: [Networker] LTO-3 Drives?

2006-11-01 22:08:40
Subject: Re: [Networker] LTO-3 Drives?
From: Stan Horwitz <stan AT TEMPLE DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 1 Nov 2006 22:04:48 -0500
On Nov 1, 2006, at 9:52 PM, Coty, Edward wrote:

Running Solaris 9 server and storage nodes with fiber attached IBM
LTOIII drives. Getting anywhere from 80-120mbs second on lan free
backups. We are getting over 4TB of NDMP data on one tape. We are seeing
4-1 compression on tape. Has anyone seen this kind of number? We have
tested restores with no issues. But over 4TB on one tape. Seems crazy!!

What kind of data are you backing up via NDMP? If its a lot of text data, and it happens to be repetitive, I can see where 4TB might happen. You did try to recover that 4TB, right?

"signoff networker" in the