Networker

Re: [Networker] LTO-3 Drives?

2006-11-01 22:01:57
Subject: Re: [Networker] LTO-3 Drives?
From: "Coty, Edward" <Edward.Coty AT AIG DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 1 Nov 2006 21:52:10 -0500
Running Solaris 9 server and storage nodes with fiber attached IBM
LTOIII drives. Getting anywhere from 80-120mbs second on lan free
backups. We are getting over 4TB of NDMP data on one tape. We are seeing
4-1 compression on tape. Has anyone seen this kind of number? We have
tested restores with no issues. But over 4TB on one tape. Seems crazy!!

EDWARD COTY
OPEN SYSTEMS STORAGE ENGINEER, LCNA
WORK - 973-533-2098
CELL - 973-296-0918