Networker

Re: [Networker] 6.1==>7.32 upgrade

2006-11-01 11:20:36
Subject: Re: [Networker] 6.1==>7.32 upgrade
From: Kevin Malone <kcmalone AT SALISBURY DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 1 Nov 2006 11:00:02 -0500
I am a really new user to Networker and recently went to training at
EMC.  I can tell you that version 7.3.x, as discribed by my instructor,
should have been called Networker 8.  There are lots of changes.

I found a really small article on Powerlink.  You have to have a
powerlink account to see it:
https://solutions.emc.com/nsepn/webapps/stqv768481dmts46655278/emcsolutionview.asp?id=esg69315

There is also a  "resolving issues after upgrading Networker" link
referenced from this link.  This looks like a list of all the seen
problems after the upgrades:
https://solutions.emc.com/nsepn/webapps/stqv768481dmts46655278/EMCSolutionView.asp?id=esg69189

Hope that helps.
Kevin

>>> bobmetcalf AT YAHOO DOT COM 11/1/2006 10:18:35 AM >>>
Am planning a 6.1==>7.32 upgrade
on a solaris server.  If I didn't
know better, I would suspect EMC
of removing any and all helpful
(and FREE) information on this from
the internet....

Any tips, gotcha's, checklists, horror
stories appreciated.  Send direct to
me and I will sumarize for the list.

Thanks.

Want to start your own business? Learn how on Yahoo! Small Business
(http://smallbusiness.yahoo.com)

body of the email. Please write to
networker-request AT listserv.temple DOT edu if you have any problems