Networker

[Networker] Setting Source Clone

2006-10-16 17:56:59
Subject: [Networker] Setting Source Clone
From: "Leiss, Jeffrey" <Jeff.Leiss AT NWDC DOT NET>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2006 14:47:17 -0700
I'm trying to figure out how I can force legato to only use the servers
devices for source & target cloning.

Our setup is as follows

1 server w/3 CDL devices & 2 physical devices
3 storage nodes w/1 CDL device each

All backup are done to the default pool which all 6 CDL devices can
access, but I only want the source tapes to be mounted in the servers
CDL device because of better throughput and can clone data faster. It's
not a case of drives not being available as they are both empty.

-=-=-=
Jeffrey Leiss
Senior Infrastructure Analyst - ACS
jeff.leiss AT nwdc DOT net