Networker

Re: [Networker] savegroup completion notices separate success and fail?

2006-10-13 04:25:15
Subject: Re: [Networker] savegroup completion notices separate success and fail?
From: Janis Smits <josi AT LMT DOT LV>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2006 11:06:23 +0300
> Is there are way of distinguishing between such messages? I am
> assuming it is to do with the priority settings in the notifications
> section but if so I can't find any reference to what it is.
>
> I'd like for no failures the notification to email addressA, when any
> failures, the notification is to a different,  addressB

Yes, you can set up savegroup completion notifications with different
priority. In my environment I've defined one with priorities "notice, alert"
for normal/failed backups and the second one with priority "alert" for
failed backups that goes to a different email address:

                        type: NSR notification;
                        name: Savegroup completion;
                     comment: ;
                      action: "/usr/ucb/mail -s \"backup's savegroup
completion\" backupmail";
                       event: Savegroup;
                    priority: alert, notice;
                     enabled: ;
 additional email recipients: ;

                        type: NSR notification;
                        name: Savegroup completion failure;
                     comment: ;
                      action: "/usr/ucb/mail -s \"backup's savegroup
failure\" backfailmail";
                       event: Savegroup;
                    priority: Alert;
                     enabled: ;