Networker

[Networker] FW: ADIC/Quantum - NEW Products!

2006-10-12 11:03:52
Subject: [Networker] FW: ADIC/Quantum - NEW Products!
From: Albert Eddie Contractor AFRPA CIO/IT <Eddie.Albert AT AFRPA.PENTAGON.AF DOT MIL>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2006 10:43:19 -0400
Thoughts on De-Duplication? /ALE

$80k for 80TB -- Ouch!
________________________________

Sent: Thursday, October 12, 2006 10:19 AM
Subject: ADIC/Quantum - NEW Products!

As you are aware, ADIC's merger with Quantum Corporation is now
complete. We are excited about the product offerings that will benefit
from the combined organization.  One key area of focus will be
Disk-Based solutions as well as an emerging technology known as Data
De-duplication.

I just returned from new product training and I am excited to brief you
on our upcoming data de-duplication offering. (Avail - Next 60-days) We
are now prepared to go into detail on our offering. Think about $1/GB
for disk based backup. i.e.  80TB for about $80K. In addition we can
give you some really cool replication options that can be implemented
over your existing WAN.

If you are interested in learning more about this NEW approach to data
storage, please let me know. We would be happy to schedule a briefing at
your location to discuss further. I look forward to seeing you soon.

JOHN POWELL, Regional Sales Manager - Federal
john.powell AT quantum DOT com
Tel 865.671.6688 or Cell: 865-765.3953