Networker

[Networker] strange Linux client error/warning message

2006-10-12 06:03:35
Subject: [Networker] strange Linux client error/warning message
From: Christian Drexler <cdrexler AT TEE.TOSHIBA DOT DE>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2006 11:55:24 +0200
Gurus,

I have a Linux client running RH ES 3 X86_64 with latest updates that
gives me the following warning message with every backup completion report:
<quote>
Warning: * cds5:/ save: Warning: 64-bit inode number uses high order
32-bits.
</quote>
The message has appeared first 9 days ago but I can not correlate this
to any system event on the client or on the backup server.

The client is running networker version 7.1.4-1.i686 with ext3 as the
file system, the server (Solaris 8) is running 7.1.4 as well.

I have searched the knowledge base but did not find anything related.
Does anybody know what this means and if it can be safely ignored?

Cheers

~christian

--
Christian Drexler / cdrexler AT tee.toshiba DOT de
Systems Administrator           phone: +49 211 5296 322

CONFIDENTIALITY DISCLAIMER
The information in this email and in any attachments is confidential and may be
privileged.  If you are not the intended recipient, please
destroy this message, delete any copies held on your systems and notify the
sender immediately.

You should not retain, copy or use this email for any purpose outside of any
NDA currently existing between Toshiba Electronics Europe GmbH and yourselves.