Networker

[Networker] SV: [Networker] Damaged tapes

2006-10-12 04:26:54
Subject: [Networker] SV: [Networker] Damaged tapes
From: Anders Wickström (Kentor) <Anders.Wickstrom AT KENTOR DOT SE>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2006 10:20:51 +0200
Hi.

If your backup window allows it, you can turn on auto media verify for the pool
(manage pools, edit pool, preference tab, auto media verify = yes).
It's useful if you want to verify tapes but also if you got new tapedrives and
want to make sure they're ok (yes I've experienced problems with mint drives).
As noted below cloning also does the trick.

/Anders