Networker

Re: [Networker] NetWorker metadata crashing LAN?

2006-10-02 17:31:59
Subject: Re: [Networker] NetWorker metadata crashing LAN?
From: Yaron Zabary <yaron AT ARISTO.TAU.AC DOT IL>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 2 Oct 2006 23:27:39 +0200
  I have seen similar things happen with the old, unsupported Linux
client. When the client lost connectivity to the Legato server during the
backup, it went into a loop, bombarding the Legato server with RPC
retries. I have seen this behaviour with rather recent Linux distro (RH8)
and I think it is related to some RPC stack bug. This bug was able to melt
our old Cisco 7000 router. This was never tracked as a bug with Legato
because the client was unsupported. It never happened with the newer,
supported clients. I am not sure if this is somehow related to your case.

-- Yaron.