Networker

Re: [Networker] Cloning from Disk

2006-09-21 19:42:47
Subject: Re: [Networker] Cloning from Disk
From: Ryan Tassotti <Ryan.Tassotti AT BRISBANE.QLD.GOV DOT AU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2006 09:37:44 +1000
Not sure if this has been mentioned before, apologies if it has....

My understanding is that EMC now license VTL based on storage capacity,
eg. 10TB, 25TB.

Cheers,
Ryan.

>>> LPamintuan AT REGINA DOT CA 19/07/2006 2:23:18 am >>>
You mentioned "less costly". I doubt it, any disk backup device which
has VTL functionality and capability starts with big bucks compared to a
straight forward disk backup storage array. And just like a tape library
with tape drives, you might need to buy/purchase license for every
component you configure and enable (autochanger, drives and number of
slots).
I have done an extensive analysis and research of D2D and VTL backup
devices, they both have pros and cons but the bottom line is the cost
and ease of setup/administration.

regards,
Librado

   This message has passed through an insecure network.
    Please direct all enquiries to the message author.