Networker

Re: [Networker] Problem with update to NW 7.3.2 on linux

2006-09-21 06:34:04
Subject: Re: [Networker] Problem with update to NW 7.3.2 on linux
From: "Faidherbe, Thierry" <Thierry.Faidherbe AT HP DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2006 11:47:19 +0200
I believe the jukebox operation delay behaviour to be related to new
stronger auth methods between server, clients and SN.
7.3.x is also more sensible to DNS.

I also noticed starting nsradmin cmds takes longer if you turn
on the new auth methods.

In my case, I disabled the new auth methods.
Check Admin guide for 7.3.2, page 18-6 and next.

HTH

TH

Kind regards - Bien cordialement - Vriendelijke groeten,

Thierry FAIDHERBE

HP Services - Storage Division
Tru64 Unix and Legato Enterprise Backup Solutions Consultant

 *********       *********   HEWLETT - PACKARD
 *******    h      *******   1 Rue de l'aeronef/Luchtschipstraat
 ******    h        ******   1140 Bruxelles/Brussel/Brussels
 *****    hhhh  pppp *****
 *****   h  h  p  p  *****   100/102 Blv de la Woluwe/Woluwedal
 *****  h  h  pppp   *****   1200 Bruxelles/Brussel/Brussels
 ******      p      ******   BELGIUM
 *********       *********   Phone :    +32 (0)2  / 729.85.42
                             Mobile :   +32 (0)498/  94.60.85
                             Fax :      +32 (0)2  / 729.88.30
     I  N  V  E  N  T        Email/MSN : thierry.faidherbe(at)hp.com
                             Internet  : http://www.hp.com/