Networker

Re: [Networker] Media Database Size limitations in Networker 7.1.3 +

2006-09-20 05:53:41
Subject: Re: [Networker] Media Database Size limitations in Networker 7.1.3 +
From: Stuart Whitby <swhitby AT DATAPROTECTORS.CO DOT UK>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2006 10:37:44 +0100
How large is the bootstrap backup?  If this is a problem with the media DB
itself, try quiescing the server, running a bootstrap backup and then doing an
mmrecov.  Only the good data is backed up as part of the bootstrap and the
media DB rebuilt, so this may solve the problem.

Just checked a server here, and with 1256 volumes, 1 year max retention,
240,000 savesets, 675TB of managed data and 809 clients, the media database is
175MB.  I don't think there's anything especially strange about the setup on
that server which is likely to mean that the mdb would be particularly large or
small here - monthly backups have a year's retention, weekly have 1 month and
daily have 2 weeks.  Going on the numbers here, unless you've got huge numbers
of savesets or tiny pieces of media or thousands of clients, I wouldn't expect
your mdb to get anywhere near 3.8GB.

Cheers,

Stuart.