Networker

[Networker] Count of active sessions

2006-09-19 10:41:30
Subject: [Networker] Count of active sessions
From: Teresa Biehler <tpbsys AT RIT DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2006 10:16:57 -0400
Hi,

I'm trying to gather information about the number of sessions active on
each drive.  I'm using the following as an input file for nsradmin:

show nsr operation;volume operation;minor mode;name;statistics

print name : /dev/rmt/3cbn

Currently, that drive is idle and empty (cut/paste from nsrwatch):

/dev/rmt/3cbn(J) 8mm AIT-3     (none)       unmounted (already)

But, the nsradmin query returns this:

                        name: /dev/rmt/3cbn;

            volume operation: ;

               NSR operation: ;

                  minor mode: ;

                  statistics: elapsed = 1901240, errors = 0, last rate =
0,

                              max clients = 11, file marks = 95,

                              rewinds = 473, files skipped = 7479,

                              records skipped = 319536, current file =
89,

                              current record = 9217, seek files = 0,

                              seek records = 9214, estimated kb = 0,

                              amount kb = 80921728, file amount kb =
1179776,

                              sessions = 1;

which has the number of sessions listed as "1".  All my other drives
list "0" when the drive is idle and empty.

Does anyone have any ideas why nsradmin thinks there is a session for
this drive?

Thanks.

Teresa