Networker

[Networker] Directives question

2006-09-18 11:08:19
Subject: [Networker] Directives question
From: "Clark, Patricia" <Clarkp AT OSTI DOT GOV>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2006 10:53:13 -0400
We are changing from a methodology of listing specific save sets to
include in our backups to including ALL and excluding specific save
sets.  So, now directives are really coming into play and I'm working on
setting up custom directives.  I'm having some of the same issues with
Solaris as with Linux.  I have save sets (partitions) defined in my
/etc/vfstab or /etc/fstab that are being picked up by Networker.  For
example, on some of my systems /tmp has its own defined partition.
While I've been able to set up the directive to exclude all of the
files, I still have /tmp listed in the savegroup report.  I have many
other partitions in a similar mode, such as Oracle database partitions.
Is there any way using directives to not have /tmp listed in the
savegroup report?

Patti Clark
Unix System Administrator - RHCT
Office of Scientific and Technical Information