Networker

Re: [Networker] Networker 7.3.1 - is anyone running this yet?

2006-09-07 20:30:54
Subject: Re: [Networker] Networker 7.3.1 - is anyone running this yet?
From: Peter Viertel <Peter.Viertel AT MACQUARIE DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 8 Sep 2006 10:19:27 +1000
Most of us are waiting for 7.3.2 which is rumoured to be out by the end
of this month. even then it's going to have to prove itself on a new
'greenfields' site I'm building before I upgrade any 7.2.1 or 7.2.2's
- there's also the small matter of retraining all our staff to use NMC
for administration.

Some others on this list have found that 7.3.1 is at least workable
compared to 7.3 and 7.3.jumbo, but there are issues still such as the
occasional crashing daemon (eg the new nsrjobd seems to have had some
quality issues not yet fixed in 7.3.1).

One other notable reason for waiting for 7.3.2 is the solaris zfs
support.

I suggest handing that media kit you received to some kids to make
something out of. As usual, it's out of date as soon as it arrives.