Networker

Re: [Networker] [I] Re: [Networker] NetWorker + Windows SAN Tapes

2006-09-07 11:23:26
Subject: Re: [Networker] [I] Re: [Networker] NetWorker + Windows SAN Tapes
From: "King, David" <dking AT EASTMAN DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 7 Sep 2006 11:16:36 -0400

We run into this constantly.  We can turn on binding on our QLOGIC card
to make the logical Windows names be consistent with the library WWN,
but it only works if all tapes are found with the Windows SCSI scan.  If
a tape goes offline, it sometimes shifts the logical names around.

We have our tape drives FC to the storage nodes.