Networker

Re: [Networker] NetWorker + Windows SAN Tapes

2006-09-06 11:33:05
Subject: Re: [Networker] NetWorker + Windows SAN Tapes
From: Gaddy <xy.0815 AT GMX DOT NET>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 6 Sep 2006 11:28:39 -0400
Davina wrote:
> Persistent binding is not sufficient to totally solve this problem.
>
> Persistent binding locks down the binding of
> WWPN or WWNN to SCSI b.t.l addresses.
> It does not control the mapping of SCSI addresses
> to Windows device names.

YES, Davina matches exactly the point
(which she does most of the time :-)
[ enjoy your postings very much -sg-]

Persistent binding would only help, if NetWorker
could work with physical addresses like [email protected].
Unfortunately it could not, or could it? [ TSM can :-(  ]

Changing the OS type is NOT an option,
because investment in 250++ servers (many 4-/8-way) is already huge.

So I'm still looking for other Wintel NetWorkers
who have to deal with the problem and have found ways to ease the pain a
bit.

Has someone found a way to reorder SCSI addresses to Windows device names
"on the fly"?

Regards -Steffen-