Networker

Re: [Networker] Not all tapes are fully used

2006-08-16 07:42:17
Subject: Re: [Networker] Not all tapes are fully used
From: Nico De Ranter <nico AT SONYCOM DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2006 13:41:39 +0200
On Wed, 2006-08-16 at 08:48 +0100, Wood, R A (Bob) wrote:
> Nico,
>
> Networker will flag a tape as full if it has a write error on that tape.
> It doesn't matter what caused the write error (physically reached end of
> tape, dirty drive, lumpy power supply, SCSI resets, etc.) Networker's
> response is to mark the tape as Full and move on.

That's what I was afraid of. However somehow I would have expected
Networker to flag the tape as bad in stead of just moving on to the next
tape. I've got 1 tape device which sometimes writes at a very low speed,
I'm keeping an eye on it.  Of course since the moment I decided to keep
an eye on that drive it works perfectly at full speed. It knows, I'm
sure it knows...

Thanks

Nico