Networker

[Networker] Not all tapes are fully used

2006-08-16 03:37:48
Subject: [Networker] Not all tapes are fully used
From: Nico De Ranter <nico AT SONYCOM DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2006 09:26:44 +0200
Hi,

I'm using LTO-1 tapes that can hold up to 105GB. I just noticed that
many of my tapes that are labeled 'full' in the volumes overview are
only partially used e.g. only about 80GB or in some cases even 18GB is
used but the tape is labeled as 'full' anyway. Is does normal or does it
look like I have a problem with one of my tape devices?

Nico

--
Nico De Ranter
Senior System Administrator