Networker

Re: [Networker] Dropped Connection Ports

2006-08-11 09:27:19
Subject: Re: [Networker] Dropped Connection Ports
From: Riaan Louwrens <riaanl AT CHANNELDATA.CO DOT ZA>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2006 15:19:05 +0200
Hi Howard,

Thanks for the reply, I have taken this into account - so group
inactivity was already set to 0 (I haven't tried a large timeout yet
...)

I know the TCP parameter is for so called firewall timeouts - however,
the symptom I am having on the layer 3 switch is exactly the same -
packets get dropped that are inactive for an extended period. It seemed
like 2 hours - which I believe is the default setting for tcp/ip.

We have been told that the fact that the 2 machine are on the same
switch - but different vlan's should not have an affect - but we will be
testing it this weekend.

Any other input is appreciated!

Regards,
Riaan

_________________________
Channel Data Service Desk

Tel: +27 (0) 860 235 235
Fax: +27 (0) 11 235 7777
Servicedesk Email: servicedesk AT channeldata.co DOT za
Website: http://www.channeldata.co.za

The message is intended only for the use of the people to whom it is
addressed.
It may contain information that is privileged and confidential.
Accordingly any unauthorised use is strictly prohibited.
If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender as soon
as possible.