Networker

Re: [Networker] exchange mailbox backup query

2006-07-28 06:09:23
Subject: Re: [Networker] exchange mailbox backup query
From: Stan Horwitz <stan AT TEMPLE DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2006 06:07:49 -0400
On Jul 28, 2006, at 4:38 AM, Kilpatrick, Mark wrote:

What methods are available to backup exchange mailboxes other than using
the MSEXCH:MB saveset or Networker User. I know that I can specify
individual mailboxes by using the -L option with a file list but this is
not suitable as I would have to keep updating the list when new
mailboxes are created or when old mailboxes are deleted.

In a single client instance, you can specify save sets as follows:

MB:\0*
MB:\1*
MB:\A*
MB:\B*

I have one save set for each digit 0 thru 9 and each letter A thru Z. This should capture everyone. Trouble is, if your Exchange server has no one who starts with Z for example, you get errors until such a mailbox is created.

Don't forget to do an IS backup too, and run it via a different client entry at a different time of day than the mailbox backups.

"signoff networker" in the