Networker

Re: [Networker] Index File Size?

2006-07-27 16:12:10
Subject: Re: [Networker] Index File Size?
From: Stan Sander <ssande AT SANDIA DOT GOV>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2006 14:11:14 -0600
Shyam Hegde wrote:
WOW Stan thats really a big one! my server has total index of that size :-) Have you noticed any time this heavy sized index affecting backup recovery performance? Ever felt that backup or recovery of a client with smaller index is faster compared to these big brothers? Regards
Shyam

Well backups obviously take longer because the systems with large indices are also large and busy file servers so there is a lot more data to be moved. However, I just did a test restore of a single file from the machine with the 43 GB index and one with a 92 MB index size. Both restores took about 2 minutes to complete including tape load time.

--
Stan Sander - CSU Special Projects  (505)284-4915
ASAP, LLC, Contractor assigned to Sandia National Laboratories

Microsoft: You've got questions. We've got a dancing paperclip.

"signoff networker" in the