Networker

Re: [Networker] client is not getting index entries written...

2006-07-24 19:36:05
Subject: Re: [Networker] client is not getting index entries written...
From: "Brian O'Neill" <oneill AT OINC DOT NET>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2006 19:29:58 -0400
Added info:

If I run a manual "save" from the client, and I specify the client's name with the "-c" option, the data winds up in the index (and it seems to even back-populate the other filesystems as well, if that's even possible). However, the default save command run from savegrp, which doesn't use the "-c", results in no index data being stored.

Why isn't "save" getting the proper name? "hostname" returns the short name of the host. I've tried adding the client with both short and long name, and it doesn't seem to matter.

Brian O'Neill wrote:
Gaahh...this system is driving me crazy.

Networker 7.2, running on Solaris.

I've got a couple of clients (specifically Linux), they I can back up fine, but no index data is being saved, so the results are not browsable.

There were various reverse lookup issues, etc. which I have fixed, but still no joy. I tried deleting and recreating the client entries as well. I don't receive any errors during the backup. The index directory exists, and contains the bare minimum files, but never gets updated.

What commands might I be able to use to try and track down why the index data is not getting saved? I've never really seen this before until I came here... :(

-Brian

To sign off this list, send email to listserv AT listserv.temple DOT edu and type "signoff networker" in the body of the email. Please write to networker-request AT listserv.temple DOT edu if you have any problems wit this list. You can access the archives at http://listserv.temple.edu/archives/networker.html or

"signoff networker" in the