Networker

[Networker] client is not getting index entries written...

2006-07-24 13:53:53
Subject: [Networker] client is not getting index entries written...
From: "Brian O'Neill" <oneill AT OINC DOT NET>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2006 13:49:11 -0400
Gaahh...this system is driving me crazy.

Networker 7.2, running on Solaris.

I've got a couple of clients (specifically Linux), they I can back up fine, but no index data is being saved, so the results are not browsable.

There were various reverse lookup issues, etc. which I have fixed, but still no joy. I tried deleting and recreating the client entries as well. I don't receive any errors during the backup. The index directory exists, and contains the bare minimum files, but never gets updated.

What commands might I be able to use to try and track down why the index data is not getting saved? I've never really seen this before until I came here... :(

-Brian

"signoff networker" in the