Networker

Re: [Networker] Staging asks for tape in storagenode

2006-07-24 03:17:20
Subject: Re: [Networker] Staging asks for tape in storagenode
From: "Wood, R A (Bob)" <WoodR AT CHEVRON DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2006 08:11:40 +0100
 Maarten,
        For the
'The staging insists that it has to use a drive on the HPUX storage node
and refuses to use the free tape-drive on the backup server.

All remote tapes on the storage-nodes have however been set to disabled.

All clients have the clone storage node set to the (default) empty
field.
All clients who were dedicated storage nodes have set their storage node
field to nsrserverhost.'

problem, check that the pool is not restricted to the HPUX storage node
device (there may be a block size issue between the differing operating
systems too...). Why not re-enable the HPUX storage node and device and
stage across the LAN (20GB shouldn't swamp the network)?

Regards
Bob