Networker

Re: [Networker] Recommendations on target sessions of SDLT 600

2006-07-21 12:34:49
Subject: Re: [Networker] Recommendations on target sessions of SDLT 600
From: Howard Martin <howard.martin AT EDS DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2006 12:33:57 -0400
I'd tend to look at it the other way around, ideally (for restores) you
want 1 saveset per drive but as backups often go slower than the drives
streaming speed you may need to increase the number of seesions to keep
the drive streaming, this is independent of the drive type. Having said
that I've found that going from DLT7000 to LTO-1 the impact on restore
speeds from interleaved savesets seems to have lessened, I've not
investigated this but wondered if it is perhaps due to the large buffer on
the LTO-1 drives.
We still use the default targets sessions of 4 that we used when using DLT.