Networker

Re: [Networker] moving the location of the index

2006-07-21 12:21:09
Subject: Re: [Networker] moving the location of the index
From: "Coty, Edward" <Edward.Coty AT AIG DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2006 12:19:59 -0400
Tar it and untar in the new location.

EDWARD COTY

OPEN SYSTEMS STORAGE ENGINEER, LCNA

WORK - 973-533-2098

CELL - 973-296-0918

EDWARD.COTY AT AIG DOT COM

________________________________

From: rich AT thevillas.eclipse.co DOT uk [mailto:rich AT thevillas.eclipse.co
DOT uk]

Sent: Friday, July 21, 2006 12:12 PM
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU; Coty AT usmail4.aig DOT com; Coty,
Edward

On Fri Jul 21 15:54 , "Coty, Edward" sent:

        Run nsrim -l which will free up some space for you. What do you
have
        your browsable index policy set too.

 I have browse and retention policies set to a week.

        If you set it too long this will
        effect the size of your index DB.

        If you need to move it I would stop the server. Create a new
file system
        called nsr1. Copy everything over to there. Rename nsr to
nsr_orig.
        Rename nsr1 to nsr. Start your DB.

 will this be ok? I was reading somewhere that standard utils such as mv
and cp won't copy the indexes correctly?

        Make sure you take a bootstrap before you do anything.

thanks for the help

        EDWARD COTY
        OPEN SYSTEMS STORAGE ENGINEER, LCNA
        WORK - 973-533-2098
        CELL - 973-296-0918
        EDWARD.COTY AT AIG DOT COM
<javascript:top.opencompose('EDWARD.COTY AT AIG DOT COM','','','')>