Networker

Re: [Networker] Staging asks for tape in storagenode

2006-07-21 07:01:18
Subject: Re: [Networker] Staging asks for tape in storagenode
From: Stuart Whitby <swhitby AT DATAPROTECTORS.CO DOT UK>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2006 11:59:19 +0100
Currently we have some problems with Tapes being flagged full much to
early (20Gb on LTO-3) without clear error messages so I switched off all
tape drives on the storage nodes and started doing backups over Lan
(1Gb).

[SW] Check that you're not mixing tape and disk on the same HBA, that Removable
Storage Manager is turned off, and that the SAN is zoned to only allow access
to devices from HBAs that will use them.  No idea about the strange cloning
behaviour.  It's cloning rather than staging, right?