Networker

Re: [Networker] EMC Tech Support

2006-07-19 09:07:48
Subject: Re: [Networker] EMC Tech Support
From: Albert Eddie Contractor AFRPA CIO/IT <Eddie.Albert AT AFRPA.PENTAGON.AF DOT MIL>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2006 09:13:46 -0400
I like to think of myself as an equal opportunity poster. I am posting
the praises right now, but like any technologist with a whore's heart,
if you tick me off with bad service I am going to post it on every
bathroom wall in the LAN. <Grin>

Let me backup, my TEAM is the regional team that covers the area that
the Pentagon falls in (Virginia for those who don't know even though
Pentagon has DC address physically it is in Virginia)...

I think that EMC has tier 2 support, the reason you may not realize you
have it is because it is merged into your regional Tech Support team. On
my Regional Team, when I was told it was changing from Team B -> Team A,
the first thing I asked the team leader was who the experts were for
each of my applications (Oracle, SQL, Exchange, Hardware, etc)

My understanding is Each team is seeded with a team lead (Jack errr.. Or
Jill of all technology) and a technology area expert from each of the
disciplines (Linux-fu, Windows-fuEwe, Oracle-fu, SQL-fu, etc..)

The TechAreaExperts are tier 2 for that discipline. Tier 3 whom I have
fortunately not needed to speak with are the glorified cross between a
pit-bull and a gnome of technology. I wish I could draw or paint I would
take some of these ideas and send them to EMC Body of a pit-bull head of
long eyebrow haired gnome looking over specs with an EMC tattoo over
it's heart.  <LOL> Oops I digress...

Anyway, we continue to have good experiences while we wait for Software
development to finish the 7.3.x debacle. If I have any complaint (and
right now I don't) it would be patiently waiting for the working GUI for
windows that works like a GUI.

I really want to start hearing Tech Support NOT SAY drop to a DOS prompt
and enter Xcommand -s -L -biteme. I wan them to use the same GUI I have
to use to help me trouble shoot everything so that I don't need to call
them anymore. Ok maybe that came across as a complaint, but I am very
capable of getting my job done the way it is. I just don't like it much.
<Grin>

Peach Schnapps anyone? /ALE