Networker

Re: [Networker] EMC Tech Support

2006-07-18 12:34:22
Subject: Re: [Networker] EMC Tech Support
From: Tim Mooney <mooney AT DOGBERT.CC.NDSU.NODAK DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2006 16:33:01 -0500
In regard to: [Networker] EMC Tech Support, Albert Eddie Contractor AFRPA...:

I just brutalized EMC's Networker Support team again.

I'm glad to hear that your honeymoon with EMC support continues.  I also
think it's nice that you're taking the time to post about a positive
experience with support.  We certainly don't see much of that on this
list, so it's good that someone is willing to share the positive
experiences.  I think it's a good thing that you're doing it, and I
especially approve of you sharing the name of an EMC support person
that's given you good support -- getting one's name "in lights" on a
list like this will hopefully filter back to the right people within
EMC.

I'm also more than a little jealous that you apparently have "a team"
at EMC that regularly handles your calls.  Perhaps you're paying for
a higher level of support than my site is.

Many of my coworkers have whiteboards in their offices, but I don't (I
have photos and prints instead).  If I had a whiteboard in my office,
I would probably have Dave Mussulman's quote about EMC support written
on it.  Here it is, for your enjoyment:

                     Support seems to answer the quick questions very
quickly, but after the first years I quit asking those -- and my hard
questions (about MSCS backups, or oddities relating to index restores,
or quirks moving server platforms,) either stalled on for longer than
I'd liked, or were resolved but in ways that left me dissatisfied.

Dave has pretty much distilled the essence of my experiences with Legato
and EMC support in the last few years.  Hopefully your experiences with
EMC never fall into agreement with Dave's and mine!  Only time will
tell...  ;-)

Tim
--
Tim Mooney                              mooney AT dogbert.cc.ndsu.NoDak DOT edu

"signoff networker" in the