Networker

[Networker] since 7.3, nsrjobd does randomly dr watson

2006-07-17 03:46:25
Subject: [Networker] since 7.3, nsrjobd does randomly dr watson
From: Gilles Hamel <gilles.hamel AT BRANDTGROUP DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2006 03:41:19 -0400
Hello,

Since we upgraded in 7.3.0, the new daemon nsrjobd crashes occasionally,
about once two weeks. It seems that it occurs when nrjobds tries to purge
records from its database. The daemon logs says :

07/16/06 03:52:38 nsrd: nsrjobd was terminated.  Restarting.  All scheduled
jobs which were in progress were killed
07/16/06 03:54:42 nsrjobd: Purged 25 records from the jobs database based on
the time policy

The support said to upgrade with jumbo patch, then in 7.3.1, but the problem
is always here. The call is opened for 2 months, and EMC support doesn't
want spend time to troubleshoot seriously our problem. I am disappointed !

We backup more than 50 windows clients, the server runs on windows 2000 and
we have a storage node on windows 2003.

Anybody has seen this issue ?

Thank you.