Networker

Re: [Networker] Need help with client

2006-07-07 10:41:47
Subject: Re: [Networker] Need help with client
From: Stan Sander <ssande AT SANDIA DOT GOV>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 7 Jul 2006 08:41:28 -0600
George Sinclair wrote:
I created a new client named 'dummy' but gave this the same client id as 'fred'. fred is an old client that was taken off the backups a long time back and there's no longer a client entry or a /nsr/index entry for it. Now, when I query the media database for fred, it no longer shows up. When I query it for dummy, all the entries for what was fred now show 'dummy' as the client name.

How can I change this back?

I just want to have a new fred with a different client id than the old fred, but I still want the old fred to show up in the media database with its old client id and not dummy. Why can't NetWorker just make this easy by giving us a feature to make renaming easier! Sheesh!

George

What I just posted a minute ago actually won't work and I realized that after reading this post.

Do the standard renaming procedure (which is what you did above by creating the client dummy) only rename fred to something like old-fred, then create the new fred.

--
Stan Sander - CSU Special Projects  (505)284-4915
ASAP, LLC, Contractor assigned to Sandia National Laboratories

Microsoft: You've got questions. We've got a dancing paperclip.

"signoff networker" in the